Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'm Alive (September 25th - October 9th)

Hello everyone! Yes, I'm alive. No I didn't forget to post last week. Yes I was being crushed by mountains of homework that I procrastinated. (See photo of me reading the endless documents I am forced to read for American Heritage...)

I mostly blame the extremely distressing (but exciting!) home football game on the 29th. We won 55-52!!!!!! Our team made a field goal in the last 2 seconds of the game and I almost died!!!!! Karinne and I had camped outside the stadium the night before with some friends. I stayed up until 6:00 in the morning talking with my friend Samuel, and to be honest I had to force myself to go to sleep after that... Somehow I didn't get tired!! When the football game actually started, Karinne had to go sit with the band the next day, but the rest of us sat in the front row of the student section! Apparently we got on ESPN twice, it was awesome! There were some good (and not so good) pictures taken of us, and I have chosen to include a good picture. If you want to see the bad pictures you have to ask me personally haha...

After the game we went to Saratoga Hot Springs, which is in Lehi. We left at about 1:30 in the morning and got back at like 4:00. It was so worth it!

The next day, Saturday, I was having a really hard time with a few personal things, so I asked Samuel (who also happens to be the Elders Quorum President in our ward) to give me a priesthood blessing. That made me feel much better. We got to talk for approximately another three to four hours, which was really good. We relate on a bunch of different things and it was nice to talk about those things with someone who understands. (We also tried hiking the Y at like 1:00 in the morning but decided not to because a) I hadn't eaten or drank barely anything all day, b) I have exercised induced asthma, and forgot my inhaler, which wouldn't be good at high altitudes, and c) I was already starting to feel dizzy. We're gonna try hiking it again another time though haha...)

I feel bad admitting this, but I missed the majority of General Conference. I was just so off on my sleep schedule and was so busy trying to catch up on homework that I didn't really get the chance to listen to much of it. I have been going back and listening to a talk each morning while I get ready for my day, though, and I have to say, they are all amazing so far!

On Sunday, our hall decided to go crazy and decorate for Halloween! We used literally all of the Halloween decorations that were meant to be spread across the whole dorm complex we live in. Today I was informed that one of the guys' halls in our ward decided to use all of the Christmas decorations for the entire hall complex, so the war is ON. (Sorry that you can't really see the decorations very well in the picture, but if you could see them you would realize that it looks like Halloween barfed all over our hall.) I'm convinced I have the most awesome Relief Society/hall on the entire BYU campus!

This week, I have mainly been desperately trying to get caught up on homework. Yesterday I did about 8 hours of homework and pretty much died.

One thing that I should mention however, is my friend Emma. It's funny that we have the same name, because we get along so well and have really similar senses of humor. We've done some pretty stupid things over the past week... These include going to Building 9 to spy on guys (and then when we get there just buying chocolate milk and leaving because we're wimps/avoiding relationships), studying together and getting nothing done because we can't stop taking ridiculous pictures, and making lots of references to our favorite TV show. I will be sure to include lots of funny pictures and a video below.

This Sunday, I had to give a lesson in Relief Society. I was really nervous and had been praying all week that I would be able to convey the message that the Spirit wanted me to convey. I didn't just want to spit a bunch of information out at all of the girls. I wanted it to be meaningful and for the Holy Ghost to testify of the Atonement of our Savior during my lesson. Giving that lesson was one of the most spiritual experiences I think I have ever had. I felt so guided the entire time by the Spirit, and I seemed to know exactly how to connect all of the things I had wanted to say beforehand. One of the things I shared in my lesson was a story called "The Room," by Joshua Harris. I included the link because if you have the time, you should read it. It is a beautiful story! It made me cry while I was reading it to the girls, and I never cry in church. To be honest, I have actually not truly cried once since I got here to BYU, so it felt good to let go for a few moments.

After that lesson, I realized how close I feel to my girls. They are all so amazing, and I truly love each and every one of them! I am so humbled I get to lead all of them. I hope I can make a difference in their lives.

THE ONLY PART THAT IS ACTUALLY EXCITING--RANDOM PHOTO GALLERY


This most recent Friday, some friends and I decided to get French toast at the creamery at 10:30 at night. Literally, that French toast is some of the best I've ever had! (Closest to farthest on the right: random guy I've never met, Jenna, Emma, Brittany, me, and Christena. On the left are the precious souls that made the French toast.)


Karinne enjoying the freedoms of college life. 


This is what happens when Emma and I try to study together.


I got to learn how to suture this past Wednesday!! Literally it is SO FUN. I could have sutured every piece of chicken five times if it hadn't been only 40 degrees and windy outside. My sutures aren't as even as they could be, but I found out I have really steady hands! 


Karinne and I are such dorks haha... Pro tip: don't keep a face mask on for 40 minutes because you forget to take it off. It hurts.


No comment.


Shayna and Laura visited us this weekend! I feel bad because I was really busy the whole time. (Question: why am I so weird? I think we maybe got one good picture and I do not have it in my possession.)

I love you ALL!! Have an awesome week, and I won't miss posting next week! (I probably just jinxed myself haha...)

No comments:

Post a Comment